UX/UI Design Internship
UX/UI Design Intern, Battle.net and Online Products
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2021. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences. Blizzard Entertainment is looking for talented and enthusiastic interns to join the B&OP Design team.
We value applicants with exceptional creativity, strong communication skills, the ability to think quickly, excellent problem-solving skills, and passion for delivering world-class software and entertainment experiences. Does the idea of working with teams that are delivering on the future product vision for Blizzard’s out of game experiences spark your imagination?
As a design intern on the Battle.net design team, you can help create and contribute to products used by millions of gamers worldwide.
You’ll be working on the Battle.net desktop and mobile apps, the Shop website, our account management tools, our gamesites, and many more products that our players rely on to play their games and take part in Blizzard’s epic entertainment experiences. An intern’s workload may be UX or visual design focused depending on their interests, passions, and abilities.
- Understand what our users are doing and why – Analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, and research support.
- Create and show solutions – Strategy, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices, and designs using tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and Principle. You’ll be presenting and communicating your work across the organization.
- Collaborate effectively – Team up with other disciplines such as product managers, engineers, other designers, and researchers.
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – More flowcharts, wires, and designs – often in collaboration with the research team.
- Deliver and follow through – Launch ideas (e.g. final wires, detailed flows, error states, etc.) and assist in post-launch analysis including A / B testing.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2021 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2021 – August 2021 or June 2021 – September 2021 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology and gaming
- A passion for great experiences and user-centered designs
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and low-fidelity prototypes
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Course of study in a related field (human computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, human factors, informatics, social science, etc.)
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.