Please note that we are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed.
Who You Are
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2022 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2022 – August 2022 or June 2022 – September 2022 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Cover Letter
As a design intern on the Battle.net design team, you can help create and contribute to products used by millions of gamers worldwide.
You’ll be working on the Battle.net desktop and mobile apps, the Shop website, our account management tools, our gamesites, and many more products that our players rely on to play their games and take part in Blizzard’s epic entertainment experiences. An intern’s workload may be UX or visual design focused depending on their interests, passions, and abilities.
- Understand what our users are doing and why – Analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, and research support.
- Create and show solutions – Strategy, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices, and designs using tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and Principle. You’ll be presenting and communicating your work across the organization.
- Collaborate effectively – Team up with other disciplines such as product managers, engineers, other designers, and researchers.
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – More flowcharts, wires, and designs – often in collaboration with the research team.
- Deliver and follow through – Launch ideas (e.g. final wires, detailed flows, error states, etc.) and assist in post-launch analysis including A / B testing.
- Passion for technology and gaming
- A passion for great experiences and user-centered designs
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies
- Knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Experience creating wireframes, flows, and low-fidelity prototypes
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Course of study in a related field (human computer interaction, cognitive science, psychology, human factors, informatics, social science, etc.)
What You’ll Do
At Blizzard Entertainment we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever, driven by our core values and passion, Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2022 summer. All Blizzard interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our campus in Irvine, CA, office in Austin, TX, and Vicarious Visions in Albany, NY.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!