UI Designer, Mobile
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a skilled and inventive individual to create and maintain interface screens for the World of Warcraft Companion App. The ideal candidate should possess outstanding aesthetic design and illustration skills along with the ability to create clean, functional interfaces for complex gameplay features. The candidate should also be familiar with the stylistic themes of World of Warcraft and exhibit the ability to develop new and compelling user interface features that match.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with the design and technology teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality, look, and feel.
- Help visualize systems and bring new features into the Companion App.
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and prototypes to solidify design direction and plans.
- Create 2D final art and animations to bring features to life.
- Maintain familiarity with WoW’s design--both the live product and ongoing expansions.
- Prepare and maintain documentation, style guides, and asset resources for art, programming and QA teams to follow and use.
- Be able to describe your designs in a technical manner for programmer implementation.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as UI designer, UI artist, or interaction designer in the gaming or mobile app field.
- Strong understanding of UX process and usability design principles.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills.
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc. – an understanding of World of Warcraft visual identity and sensibilities.
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting.
- Positive attitude and the ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- A passion for video games, and user interface design.
- Experience designing UI for MMORPGs
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with special effects
- Passion for World of Warcraft.
Required Application Materials:
Please provide URL or PDF file with samples of work
- Cover Letter
The cover letter should describe why you are interested in working at Blizzard, and what games you are currently playing.
Only resumes with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.