Test Lead, Diablo
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a small team towards individual and team excellence
- Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development leadership
- Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting, and closure
- Create, monitor, and control metrics impacting product and team quality
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations, and report on risk
- Coordinate responsible test area with regional teams
- Host test closure activities (testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, retrospectives)
- Champion the customer experience always
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience leading test teams: 3 years
- Management experience: 1-3 years
- Experience with gray/black box test methods
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, ISTQB
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!