Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Activision’s Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The Manager, Tax Operations will join a strong corporate tax operations group that is an integral part of the tax team at Activision Blizzard. The Manager will play a key role in helping the team with day-to-day tax operations functions such as worldwide income tax provision, Federal & State income tax compliance, tax controversy and other projects, as required, to support business partners and department needs. This position will also interact with key finance, accounting, and other business partners across Activision Blizzard. We are seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented team player with strong organization and project management skills that wants to hit the ground running. This person will report to the Director, Tax Operations.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation and review of U.S. federal and state tax compliance, including coordination with outside service providers.
- Assist with the preparation and review of quarterly federal and state estimated tax payments.
- Assist with tax fixed asset calculations, including U.S. federal and state, GILTI and FDII QBAI calculations.
- Manage corporate tax calendar and ensure all (income?) returns, extensions, and payments are filed in a timely manner and appropriate documentation is maintained
- Assist with quarterly and annual income tax accounting workstreams, including preparation of stand-alone and consolidating tax accrual calculations, tax account rollforwards, rate reconciliations and analysis of uncertain tax positions.
- Assess income tax accounting implications of transactions, restructurings and other changes in business profile.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of ongoing systems improvements and automated tools critical to future growth of the tax department
- Assist with special projects and tax initiatives.
- Perform tax research and documentation of corporate income tax technical positions
- Assist with tracking U.S. tax policy changes.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Strong organization and execution skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and accelerated deadlines in a fast-paced, informal work environment.
- 4 – 7 years of corporatetax experience in Public Accounting and/or Private Industry with a proven track record in corporate income tax compliance; income tax accounting (ASC 740) experience preferred
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting.
- Experience with OneSource, Alteryx, OBIEE Answers and/or Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.