Systems Engineer, Collaboration
Blizzard Entertainment’s Information Systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Engineer to join our Collaboration, Identity, and Auth team. The CIA team is responsible for the infrastructure and services which support on-prem and cloud authentication, identity management, and collaboration with productivity suites like Office 365 and Google Workspace (G Suite).
This role will focus on support for our Office 365 and Google Workspace services. We are predominantly an Office 365 hybrid shop but we’re looking to make significant use of Google Workspace in the coming years. The ideal candidate is experienced in designing, operating, and troubleshooting these collaboration platforms. If you nerd-out on sharing and collaboration, talk about SPF/DKIM/DMARC email protection over dinner, and dream about automated lifecycle management and data archiving, we want to hear from you! This role will specialize on service infrastructure and will address the enterprise-level choices which enable collaboration across the entire company and empower administrators to support our end users.
A good Systems Engineer is a self-starter who watches for every area of improvement and proactively drives new solutions to stay ahead the company’s needs. Working directly with our project management and other IT teams, this role will drive decisions which shape our services for years to come. This role also works directly with our Security team to review proposed configurations before implementing, and to address any issues with existing infrastructure.
- Design, deploy, integrate, and delegate Blizzard’s Office 365 and Google Workspace services.
- Manage related collaboration services such as on-prem Exchange, email edge protection, and SMTP relays (both on-prem and SaaS).
- Monitor service health and improve monitoring toolkits for better service insight and alerting.
- Create documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures, Knowledge Base articles, and Troubleshooting Guides which promote user and administrator self-service.
- Support our collaboration services during business hours and in an on-call rotation.
- Provide guidance to integration teams and other administrators from across the business.
- 3 years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing Office 365
- 3 years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing on-prem or hybrid Exchange.
- 3 years’ experience engineering new enterprise solutions from requirements gathering through implementation, documentation, and operational handoff.
- 5 years’ experience diagnosing and troubleshooting IT services, leveraging logical problem solving to quickly identify and address root causes.
- 2 years’ experience leveraging PowerShell to automate administrative tasks, particularly in Exchange on-prem or online.
- Advanced knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Bonus Points For
- Experience designing and managing Google Workspace/G Suite.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
- Experience migrating between collaboration and email platforms
- Experience implementing and managing Okta SSO
- Experience with email edge protection (ex. Proofpoint)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, or knowledge of DevOps principles
- Virtualization experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Love for video games and other geeky stuff.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.