Systems Designer - Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate systems designer to design and develop core systems and mechanics for an unannounced AAA multiplayer project. In this role, you will champion Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you provide vision and design insight to cross-discipline team-members responsible for core gameplay mechanics.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive a feature to Blizzard quality. As a systems designer on the team, you will balance your humble and supportive nature with a particularly strong eye for gameplay feel, prioritizing satisfying feedback and intuitive mechanics. By blending your creative vision with your ability to align teams on important goals, you will pitch and refine ideas into simple and targeted executions that are exciting to play.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience designing features, core gameplay mechanics, and meta systems for modern AAA multiplayer titles.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- 3+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in systems design roles.
- A humble, empathetic, and collaborative approach to working with others
- Ability to design and speak critically on gameplay systems, art, and content development.
- Experience in understanding, conceptualizing, and improving intricate designs with surrounding systems.
- A clear understanding of the creative and game development processes.
- Extensive experience with games, including action, FPS, and online titles.
- A deep passion for and knowledge of Blizzard franchises.
- Extraordinary self-motivation and initiative to learn and grow.
- Familiarity with scripting languages and a strong foundation in math.
- Deep understanding of systems design, player psychology, and emerging industry trends.
- Experience with versatile game development tools such as Unity and Unreal.
- Experience from other development disciplines.
- Resume which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work.
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- Why you are interested in joining Blizzard Entertainment.
- Your experience and relationship with Blizzard games.
- What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a rue work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States - Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.