Systems Designer, Diablo IV
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled Systems Designer? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
You’ll find yourself working with a talented team of designers, programmers, and artists to help create, implement, and tune classes, items, and features for this unannounced Diablo project.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of Diablo games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the video game industry
- Must have shipped at least one AAA title in a design role
- Able to help develop and follow a strong design vision for a game system from concept to completion
- Able to communicate effectively with programming, design, art, and production
- Strong sense of what makes a fun and compelling experience for a game system
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Familiarity with scripting languages and a strong foundation in math
- Extensive experience developing or playing action RPG titles
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles
- Analytical skills for evaluating systems and interpreting player behavior
- Creative writing skills for the wording of abilities, items, features, and tooltips
- User Interface design experience
- Prior work experience or education in other (non-design) disciplines: art, programming, production, or sound
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability