Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a motivated back end technical director (TD) to join our cinematics team. The TD will sit with the Surfacing department and serve as the front line support for this group of artists. The ideal candidate regularly employs a mix of knowledge in the areas of look development, lighting, rendering tools, and compositing as well as related cross pipeline tools and workflows. The Surfacing team primarily uses Mari and Katana for look development in the pipeline. The TD will work with technical and artistic supervisors on projects that improve the day-to-day life of the Surfacing department. The TD must be an excellent communicator, serving as a bridge between our technology team and the Surfacing department as well as other artistic departments.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing pipeline tools and workflows in a CG production environment (or equivalent education)
- Proficient python development skills and debugging techniques
- Outstanding problem-solving skills under pressure
- Interest in the CG production process, from asset creation to final compositing
- Some working knowledge of RenderMan, Vray, Redshift, Mantra and / or other renderers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong desire to work within a technical support capacity
- Strong programming design skills
- Experience with Mari, Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with Katana, Solaris or another proprietary lighting tool
- Debugging experience in Mari, Substance, Katana
- Working knowledge of Nuke and compositing workflows
- Shader development / (OSL)
- Familiar with Blizzard games and cinematics
Required Application Materials
- Resume [PDF Preferred]
Job Status: Full-time/Staff
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.