(Closed) Software Engineer, WoW Classic
The World of Warcraft team would like to expand our efforts to restore the past, and explore the future, by hiring additional engineers. We have a series of upcoming content unlocks we need to support, and our efforts won’t stop there.
The World of Warcraft team is always growing, and always striving to improve. We need heroes to help us imagine the future of the World of Warcraft, both in terms of our technical vision, and the gameplay that it supports. We're dedicated to building new and interesting ways to play, collaborate, and interact within the Warcraft universe, and we're looking for engineers to join our team and help build those new features.
We value diversity on our team, as well as a healthy work-life balance, and we strive to staff appropriately to meet both those goals. We recognize that the best ideas and most creative work come from a safe and well-rested workforce, and we endeavor to protect that.
The world of Azeroth is a big place, so this is no small challenge, but we have a great team of friendly faces waiting to help you along the way. If you have the skills and experience, as well as the passion and excitement, we hope you’ll apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to build gameplay systems in C++
- Layout and manipulate game data using SQL
- 3 years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in all engineering areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with at least one shipped title
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with high-level scripting languages such as Lua, or Python
- Experience with different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux
- Degree in computer science or related field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Your experience with World of Warcraft
- Your experience as a software developer