Software Engineer, Tools Reliability - World of Warcraft
Are you motivated by ensuring that your teammates have rock-solid tools that allow them to focus on creating their best work? Are you driven to track down software issues that prevent people from achieving their goals? Are you excited to help deliver awesome tools that enable us to craft immersive and magical places for our players to enjoy? If so, we want to hear from you!
The World of Warcraft team is looking for an experienced reliability engineer to help diagnose software problems in our internal environment. We need a curious and tenacious individual with strong deductive reasoning skills and a strong background tracking down software problems.
- Diagnose complex software problems occurring in the World of Warcraft tools
- Help build testing, automation, and monitoring software to identify issues as early as possible
- Triage bugs, crashes, and stability problems
- Help fix issues preventing people from being able to work
- Look for opportunities to improve processes and/or the code to increase reliability
- Monitor our infrastructure dependencies and liaise with the teams that run them
- Maintain collaborative connections with users and QA
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Curiosity and tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, especially with non-technical users
- Rapidly learn and understand code, deduce its intent, and identify potential problems
- Strong debugger skills
- Programming background with C++
- Strong code review skills
- Experience with SQL databases
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Familiar with game development tools, asset pipelines, and workflows
- Programming background with C#
- Active World of Warcraft player
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!