Software Engineer, Systems
Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a software engineer to join the fray on World of Warcraft. As a key contributor, you will be working with a team of engineers focused on the vision of improving World of Warcraft’s technology. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll work with fellow engineers as you help develop and refine key systems.
The WoW team is built on a culture of collaboration, intense creativity, and problem solving. We are committed to pushing our exploration of Azeroth to the fullest, and in doing so crafting a gaming experience like no other. As an engineer, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. You are an engineer with qualities above and beyond engineering. You're someone who enjoys working in a group setting, and whose experience in creative environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and collaboration.
Review the requirements below and drop us a line if the prospect of bringing WoW to a whole new level speaks to your experience and skillset, and also appeals to your passion and creativity.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience refactoring and rewriting code
- Experience in code integration
- Strong data structures, logic, and algorithm skills
- Fluency in C++
- A minimum of 2 years’ programming experience
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in many areas of game development
- Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience working on an MMO or open-world game
- Strong mathematics skills
- Experience contributing to or maintaining open source libraries
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
World of Warcraft