Software Engineer, Gameplay
Hello Heroes! Are you interesting in working on the Nexus? Blizzard is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join Team 1 and work on Heroes of the Storm. We could use your help building new gameplay features and functionality, supporting hero development needs, and continuing to improve gameplay performance and accessibility. If you’ve got strong programming skills and passion, join us!
- Work closely with designers to support new needs and resolve issues.
- Maintain a high-quality standard for gameplay code and game data.
- Own and implement changes to game systems like combat, abilities, buffs, pathing, AI.
- Active participation in code reviews, team processes and discussions.
- Strong C++ skills and 2+ years of game development experience.
- Passion for MOBA games and experience developing game systems for a top-down game.
- Ability and interest to work in a large existing codebase for a live game.
- Clear communication skills and efficiency resolving defects and issues affecting the team.
- Experience with performance optimization.
- Passion for enabling highly iterative content creators.