Software Engineer, Gameplay
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate software engineer to design and architect compelling gameplay systems for an unannounced project. As a Software Engineer focused on gameplay, you will champion Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you collaborate with a small team of designers, engineers, and artists responsible for defining the core elements of this exciting new project.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on multiple gameplay features in modern 1st/3rd person AAA titles. By blending your mastery of programming with a critical eye for design, you will help architect and implement an epic gameplay experience. Our incubation teams are fast-paced and mission-critical. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology, and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other gameplay engineers to design, prototype, and implement polished gameplay experiences.
- Build and improve game systems, emphasizing correctness, performance, and extensibility.
- Own all aspects of gameplay systems, from the server backend to the player-facing UX.
- Develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies to produce a state-of-the-art game experience.
- Function as part of a fast-paced team: collaborate with other engineers, artists, and designers to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially "Gameplay First."
- Strong, proven C++ programming skills, including performance analysis and code optimization.
- Experience in designing and implementing systems and APIs used by other programmers.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Minimum of three years of experience delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Significant programming contributions to at least one previously shipped AAA title.
- Familiarity with Blizzard games.
- Experience building tools for fellow developers.
- Experience developing gameplay systems for a multiplayer (client/server) architecture.
- Unreal development experience.
- Console development experience.
- Familiarity with other programming or scripting languages.