Software Engineer, Data Warehousing
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of an epic game than the work of developers and more than you can ever imagine goes into continuing to build and hone and perfect the most epic gaming experience in the years after our games are in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an Engineer with software and data development experience to join our Global Insights team to help shape the next generation of personalized player experiences. We are developing data-driven services to provide engaging experiences to our players. As part of this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the design, implementation, and maintenance of these services.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Knowledge and Experience
- Data Warehouse Technologies (Teradata, Oracle, GoldenGate pluses)
- ETL Tools and Frameworks (Airflow and Spark pluses)
- SQL-based Reporting Software such as Tableau
- Data modeling techniques such as 3rd normal form or star schema
- Data enrichment, aggregation, and replication practices
- SQL, navigating cardinality and data structures
- DevOps build techniques and practices (Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform pluses)
- Scala, Spark, and Hadoop big pluses
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience on a software team preferably building back-end data services, APIs, or microservices in a large-scale production environment.
- Good experience working with relational databases and writing SQL
- Knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Flink, Hive, etc.)
- Data Modelling and Warehousing concepts and experience
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs.
- DevOps experience using containers on Kubernetes, or virtualization experience on OpenStack
- Experience with workflow schedulers like Airflow
- Cloud Development Experience on platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or IBM Cloud
- MPP Database Solutions, Data Warehousing Technologies
- Full-stack Experience (Infrastructure, Storage, Databases, ETL, Web Services, Visualization)
- Java preferred
- Cover Letter preferred
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!