(Closed) Software Engineer - Content & Developer Services
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate Software Engineer join the Content & Developer Services organization of Battle.net & Online Products to build engaging services and experiences for our Developer Community, Esports Partners, and Game franchises.
Our team located in Irvine, California is on the front lines creating the tools and API’s needed to extend game play experiences beyond the game and support competitive esports with rich data and statistics. Moreover we also provide services that act as the crossroads of Blizzard's game data that fuel our Developer Community APIs.
We are searching for applicants to be a key part in bringing the Blizzard commitment to quality to an exciting new initiative for our esports strategy.
Does working on building this new future excite you? If yes, venture forth...
This position within the Blizzard Content & Developer Services department will work closely with a team of engineers, designers and testers to help extend the capabilities of our Platform, with an initial focus on expanding integrations with additional data sources to provide enhanced statistics and reporting.
This is an individual contributor role joining an existing team responsible for architecting, building and maintaining scalable web services & tools to serve a global audience of esports fans, public APIs, players and partners.
- Working within a cross-functional team whose purpose is to enable epic web & broadcast experiences and compelling storytelling around esports for all Blizzard’s franchises
- Defining data architecture and integrating new data sources, APIs and systems
- Writing business logic and API’s that allow our clients to aggregate data into useful segments from raw stats
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Work with our game teams to pipe data into our systems for authorized consumption by downstream consumers
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly and positive attitude
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in professional web development
- Expertise in back-end web development, ideally building web services and APIs
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and belief in Blizzard's Core Values
- Passion and interest in esports, game data, and public APIs
- Knowledge of common competitive formats in esports and traditional sports
- Experience using Java / Spring
- Experience using Python / Flask
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive websites and applications