Software Engineer, Cloud
Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, Blizzard Cloud is looking for an experienced software engineer to join a team of highly skilled engineers responsible for extending and growing our cloud platform. You are a highly motivated individual that loves to build and take end to end ownership of great products. The products your team builds and owns enable cloud customer visibility, operational insight and capacity management. The team also owns products which helped Blizzard scale and grow its beloved franchises over the last two decades - these require modernisation and streamlining. If you are excited about building modern, robust platforms and services, then let’s talk now!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Participate in design and decision making for technical solutions
- Write testable, scalable, and easily maintainable code
- Build APIs to help control and automate the cloud
- Run the software components supporting the infrastructure holding up our games
- Maintaining our products through operations and on-call support
- 2+ years of experience in building concurrent applications in Go
- Competency with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Ability to write clean and effective documentation
- Familiarity with popular Go web stacks (E.g., Gorilla Mux, gRPC, Vue or Angular)
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines (E.g., Jenkins, Git)
- Familiarity with orchestration pipelines (E.g., Docker, Terraform)
- Familiarity with observability (E.g., logging, metrics, tracing)
- Experience working with C++, Python
- Experience with cloud computing (Openstack, AWS, GCP) as customer or provider
- Experience with Hashistack (Vault, Consul, Nomad).
- Contributions to open-source projects
- A passion for games and online gaming platforms
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!