(Closed) Software Engineer, Client - Unannounced Project
We are looking for a talented mobile developer, who is excited to have a broad range of game client responsibilities. If you have a real passion for mobile development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success by developing epic experiences for our players.
You will develop features and systems for our game, coordinating across disciplines with designers, artists, and other engineers. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence the game direction, and the ideal candidate will have a passion for quality and player experience.
- Collaborate with Design, Art and Engineering teams to ensure a robust and reliable game experience on a wide range of mobile devices
- Build performant, sustainable, and maintainable technologies and code
- Develop and iterate on various runtime systems such as content delivery, resource management, and telemetry collection
- Support content creation pipelines, client build pipeline, tool development, and workflow improvements
- Provide support to team members and help facilitate daily success for the entire team
- Help identify areas of development that can be streamlined or improved through the application of Unity and mobile best practices
- Strong, proven programming skills in at least one language
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
- Experience with the Unity platform, performance analysis, and code optimization
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- Additional programming skills (C# .NET Core and Standard, C++, Objective-C, Java)
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization for mobile platforms
- Previous experience shipping and supporting a Live product at global scale
- Experience building UI in Unity (UGUI)
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Practical tools or rendering expertise
- Avid mobile gamer