Software Engineer - Client Performance
We are looking for a talented developer, who is excited to focus on game client performance, optimization, and automated performance testing.
You will be primarily responsible for identifying game client performance issues and implementing improvements while coordinating across disciplines with designers, artists, and other engineers. You will help improve our automated performance tests and performance telemetry systems. Everyone on our team helps to influence the game direction, and you should have a passion for quality, player experience, and an efficient game client.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and engineer s to ensure a robust and reliable game experience on a wide range of mobile devices
- Identify and implement improvements for client performance issues
- Build and maintain systems that allow for varying quality levels on different categories of devices.
- Contribute to an on-device automated performance testing framework and increase performance test coverage
- Monitor game client performance trends over time and share notable findings.
- Provide support to team members of all disciplines and facilitate daily success for the entire team
- Help find areas of development that can be streamlined or improved through the application of best practices
- Strong, proven programming skills in at least one language
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience
- Experience conducting performance analysis and code optimization
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience developing for iOS and/or Android and the available profiling tools
- Experience with real time 3D rendering
- Familiarity with game content pipelines and tools