Software Engineer, AI
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate AI Software Engineer to design and architect compelling AI gameplay systems for an unannounced AAA PC/Console project. As a software engineer focused on artificial intelligence, you will champion Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you collaborate with a small team of designers, engineers, and artists to create compelling and challenging gameplay experiences.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on AI features in modern 1st/3rd person AAA titles. By blending your mastery of programming with a critical eye for design, you will help architect and implement an epic gameplay experience. Our incubation teams are fast paced and mission critical. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology, and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and other gameplay engineers to design, prototype, and implement polished AI-based gameplay experiences.
- Build and improve AI game systems, emphasizing correctness, performance, and extensibility.
- Function as part of a fast-paced team: collaborate with other engineers, artists, producers, and designers to achieve a unified vision for our project.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution.
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially "Gameplay First."
- Minimum of three years of experience delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Strong, proven C++ programming skills, including performance analysis and code optimization.
- Experience designing and implementing systems and APIs used by other programmers.
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of game development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Significant AI programming contributions to at least one previously shipped AAA title.
- Experience with character animation, locomotion, or physics.
- Experience developing gameplay systems for a multiplayer (client/server) architecture.
- Prior experience with 1st person or 3rd person combat or open-world features.
- Experience with visual scripting languages such as those found in Unity or Unreal.
- Console development experience.
- Familiarity with other programming or scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Blizzard games.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
- What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!