(Closed) Server Automation Engineer
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Server Automation Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a server automation engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team unlocking the potential of our developers to create compelling and exciting gameplay. The ideal candidate will have a passion for automated testing, working alongside feature developers, writing robust code and tests, investigating results, and a deep understanding of the challenges involved with simulating, automating and stress testing a networked client/server game.
- Collaborate with feature developers to develop test plans, implement functionality, and execute tests to ensure stability and performance for each release
- Identify, design, and implement solutions to increase and improve automated test coverage
- Conduct analysis of automated test results, including partnering with feature developers to understand unexpected results
- Participate in improving a rich automation infrastructure
- Work side-by-side with QA, feature developers, design and production to identify and mitigate risk
- Conduct research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Strong passion for automation and software testing
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of C / C++
- Experience with Python
- Experience with both Windows and Linux
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- Experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, Automation Engineer, or similar role
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of security and performance testing
- Experience with Jenkins
- Familiarity with VM technologies like Openstack or vSphere