Senior Web Application Software Engineer
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
As a Senior Web Application Software Engineer joining B&OP Applications, you will join a team of engineering experts dedicated to building a global platform, allowing our fans worldwide to experience Blizzard content. You will be an integral part of building, improving, and operating web applications and services that directly integrate with Blizzard game data and working with our partner teams to deliver epic experiences to our players.
We use technologies like Web Components (LitElement), React, Node, Express, Docker, Kubernetes and Amazon Web Services to provide amazing experiences for players to learn more about our games online. Our team frequently discusses emerging tech, opportunities for improvement, and ways to push the envelop for epic web experiences on desktop and mobile browsers.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Build exciting web experiences for players to learn more about new Blizzard games and updates to existing games
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and numerous other partners to deliver epic announcement sites and more
- Participate in a culture of growth and innovation
- See projects through from requirement gathering to development, testing, launch, and ongoing maintenance
- Evolve our features, code, processes, and infrastructure to meet Blizzard's global high scale goals
- A minimum of 4 years of professional software engineering experience
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP Request/Response, REST, etc.)
- Proven experience building sites that take into consideration performance, accessibility, SEO and more
- Skilled with common web security practices and the reasons to use them
- Passion for technology and video games
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as React or Vue and standards-based Web Components (LitElement)
- Experience with vector and motion graphics, including SVG, HTML5 Canvas and WebGL
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Optimizely A/B testing
- Experience with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes and building web applications to scale
- Experience writing unit tests (e.g. Mocha, Chai, Jest)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!