Senior Visual Development Artist, Environments – World of Warcraft
The Visual Development Artist should have a playful imagination coupled with a high degree of artistic skill. They’ll be expected to take a seed of an idea and flush out all aspects of the design. This may include new architecture, individual assets, a full culture kit all the way to a mood painting that defines the emotional intent of an environment. The role requires a strong sense of environments, design, color theory, architecture knowledge and the ability to push the WoW style.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create concept art for environments, architecture, and other WoW in-game assets
- Create mood pieces and other visual development assets
- Create illustration quality key art production paintings
- Work closely with the Art Lead for each task to help achieve a consistent vision
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the WoW style
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 5+ years of experience creating environment concept artwork for animation, film or video games
- Paintings that demonstrate a wide range of techniques from classical to stylized that shows a deep understanding of composition, color theory and story telling
- A thorough understanding of 2D art software
- Extensively played and understand the visual style of World of Warcraft
- Portfolio website
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.