(Closed) Senior UI Designer - Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Senior UI Designer to work with the Hearthstone team on new and exciting content for our players. With 10 Mana Crystals at the ready, this individual’s many talents and creativity will help continue to add quality art to Hearthstone, building a phenomenal user experience for the game. If you wish to be a part of a small, close-knit team of creatives whose greatest dream is to make valuable contributions to a game you feel passionately about, then we want to talk with you! Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Blizzard Entertainment is currently looking for an experienced, creative, and artistically talented Senior User Interface designer for Hearthstone. The UI designer will work closely with the rest of the UI team, artists and designers to conceptualize and design user interfaces for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Understand and build upon Hearthstone's visual identity and design language
- Apply and maintain a consistent user flow throughout the entire project interface across multiple platforms (desktop, tablet, and phone)
- Create wireframe, concept sketches to support purposed UI interaction models
- Work collaboratively with the UI team and iterate using feedback to drive and polish features to a high-quality state
- Collaborate with a team of artists and engineers to carry design from concept into final implementation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as UI designer in gaming, or interaction design field
- Strong understanding of usability design principals
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Strong visual design skills – an understanding of Hearthstone's visual identity and sensibilities
- Make independent creative decisions and work with a team to execute.
- Must be willing to adapt Hearthstone’s unique workflow and pick up technical knowledge on the go
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for video games, and user interface design
- Experience working in Unity
- Passion for Hearthstone, table-top games, other Blizzard titles, and gaming in general
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a design test if required to do so