Senior UI Artist - Mobile (Unannounced Project)
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior UI Artist who is excited to be responsible for designing amazing user interfaces for our players. If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together we will learn, grow, and achieve success as a team by creating epic experiences for our players.
Our ideal Senior UI Artist will work closely with designers and engineers to conceptualize, design, and implement user interfaces for gameplay features and systems. You will shape the visual language of the game by providing players with intuitive ways to interact with the game.
- Work closely with designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language
- Create wireframes and UI artwork to support proposed UI interaction models
- Design and implement user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX
- Collaborate with engineers to carry designs from concept into final implementation
- Work with Art Lead to paint new icons, borders, frames & UI elements in our art style
- Apply and maintain a unified user flow throughout gameplay systems and features
- Iterate using player feedback to optimize for simplicity, comprehension, and function
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
- 5+ years working as a UI artist/designer in gaming or interaction design field
- Experienced designing and implementing UI artwork in a mobile based game
- Understand core challenges of mobile UI from an artistic and technical perspective
- Strong visual design skills and understanding of usability design principles
- Strong hand painted 2D illustration skills to create production quality assets
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonaland communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Implementation of UI screens in a Unity based game client
- Working knowledge of common UI technical architecture and patterns
- Scripting knowledge and/or technical experience (C#, Lua, HTML/CSS)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX/UI skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX/UI test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.