Senior Technical Artist, In-Game Cinematics
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated Senior Technical Artist with at least 5 years of game production experience who has experience building complex tools in Python. You must have a strong understanding of Python and object-oriented programming and is highly-attuned to the needs of a game production pipeline and be familiar with dealing with all the challenges that come from it.
- Build and maintain pipeline tools that work closely with game technology
- Support in debugging issues with the game, tools, etc.
- Work closely with cg supervisors for determining the technical needs of the show
- Work with Leads and Production staff to prioritize tasks
- Help ensure feature interfaces are user-friendly
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 5+ years professional game and digital post-production experience
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Basic knowledge of Houdini
- Experience with Python and object-oriented programming
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing technical proficiency
- Experience with C/C++ and/or LUA
- Experience working with Real Time Cutscenes
- Advanced knowledge of Houdini and VEX
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics.
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Demo Reel or link to samples of work and descriptive breakdown of contributions.
Job Status: Full-time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.