Senior Technical Artist, Generalist - Hearthstone
Well met! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an amazing Technical Artist to join the Hearthstone team, supporting the core game we all know and love--as well as exciting, new ways to play.
As a Technical Artist, you’ll use your solid understanding of game creation tools and production methods to help maintain and grow our ability to develop art assets and integrate them into the game. You will bring your initiative and creative problem-solving abilities across a wide range of technical solutions that are operating at a large scale and in a distributed environment. We are a team that values open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and work in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment. We’d love to have you join us!
You bring with you:
- Three or more years of experience as a technical artist, preferably with experience in mobile or a live game.
- Experience as a digital artist. You can speak the language of artists, and you have extensive knowledge of digital art tools: Maya, Photoshop, or similar.
- Familiarity with game development. You know your way around Unity, Unreal Engine, or other game engines, and you can communicate effectively with developers of all stripes.
- Proficiency in technical problem-solving and debugging game content and process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a service-oriented, support-focused approach.
- A results-oriented and collaborative approach to tools development, problem-solving, and challenges of scale.
We entrust you with:
- Acting as a bridge between Art and Engineering.
- Supporting the Art team through any technical issues they may encounter while using DCC tools or when integrating their assets into the game engine.
- Developing and maintaining art pipelines and processes.
- Identifying potential and recurring workflow problems and collaborating with other developers to find viable solutions through communication, mentorship, and both custom and off-the-shelf tools solutions.
- Testing new tools and vetting workflows before deployment to production.
- Helping to promote performance optimization for art assets by creating clear standards, performance monitoring tools, and building a maintainable process for reviewing and optimizing game assets.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.