Senior Technical Artist, Characters
Powerful. Fast. Reliable. The best rigs are created by rigging artists that understand the needs of a production and are constantly optimizing their work. Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a technical/rigging artist interested in collaborating with world-class artists and engineers to make something truly amazing.
The ideal candidate for this position is passionately motivated to create and maintain high quality character and prop rigs. We’re looking for someone who loves the art of animation and who has the technical skills to support the creation of responsive rigs, solve problems, and collaborate with other departments’ shared technology.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Primary stakeholder for rigging on the project.
- Create character rigs that help set the bar for quality and productivity.
- Help manage external vendors which includes monitoring quality, unblocking resources, and ensuring standards.
- Work with art leads and production to prioritize asset creation.
- Collaborate with engineers on engine-side features for characters.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience creating character rigs in Maya.
- Strong knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and edge loop topology.
- Highly proficient in character skinning, tool creation and technical workflows.
- Thorough knowledge of modeling, rigging, physics simulations, animation, shaders, and the contemporary workflows used within the industry.
- Strong communication skills and experience supporting multiple animators.
- Knowledge on subjects such as Maya tool development and pipeline design.
- Experience in Python or other programming languages.
- Fiery passion for Blizzard’s games and characters.
- Solid track record of developing useful and well-designed animation tools.
Submission / Portfolio
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel and Shot Breakdown showing rigging / simulation and technical proficiency
- Only online submissions will be accepted