(Closed) Senior System Designer - Diablo IV
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Are you a skilled Senior Systems Designer? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
You’ll find yourself working with a talented team of designers, programmers, and artists to help create, implement and tune classes, items, and game systems for Diablo 4.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of Diablo games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Able to communicate effectively with programming, design, art, and production
- Strong sense of what makes a fun and compelling experience for game system
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong game design philosophies / understanding
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Extensive experience developing or playing action RPG titles
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles
- Design experience on a multiplayer action game
- A familiarity with scripting languages and a strong foundation in math
- User Interface design experience
- Prior work experience or education in other (non-design) disciplines: art, programming, production, or sound
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to us. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.