Senior Software Engineer, UI - Classic
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled and creative software engineer to join our user interface (UI) team working on the future of Warcraft 3 Reforged. The ideal applicant will understand the challenges of crafting an effective yet elegant user interface. This person must be able to work closely with designers and artists to develop a shared vision and then see it through from concept to completion.
Some of Blizzard's most epic experiences that have brought endless hours of replayability and intense multiplayer battles are now looking for a hero to evolve and carry them into the future. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made it more difficult to share these experiences.
Whether it’s battling the Zerg in the Koprulu sector, staking your claim in Azeroth, or saving the High Heavens from the wrath of Diablo, these titans are being modernized to new heights and need a versatile champion to embark on this journey with us to create new adventures. You should be spec’d into engineering talents, passion, and armed with a fierce hunger to modernize technology.
So, if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to establish a shared vision for compelling UI features.
- Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concepts.
- Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features.
- A minimum of 3 years game programming experience
- Fluent in C++
- Experience using an existing UI framework to modify or develop user interfaces
- Understanding of user interface concepts like layout, text, and widgets
- Experience with localization/internationalization issues
- Strong ability to communicate and work closely with designers and artists
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience developing or maintaining a UI framework
- Basic proficiency with Photoshop