Senior Software Engineer, Reliability - Hearthstone
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team in Irvine, California. This developer will work with our Live Ops team on the deployment and maintenance of the Hearthstone service, as well as with other engineers to improve server reliability. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Strive to improve the stability of the Hearthstone platform.
- Work with the various engineering teams to plan the deployment of new systems to production environments.
- Troubleshooting and reporting on the day to day operations of the game.
- Provide support to other developers for live incidents.
- Improve existing systems after reviewing past incidents.
- Mentor and educate engineers on the team.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- 5+ years of development experience
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experienced with maintaining a live service on Linux
- Experienced with both GUI and text-based debuggers
- Self-motivated and willingness to pitch in on many areas of small game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience shipping mobile game titles or other software
- Linux development experience
- C#/Unity programming skills
- Strong relational database skills
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Computer science or related degree