Senior Software Engineer, .NET
Does Blizzard sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers to join our Data Protection Engineering group in Irvine, CA. You'll help build tools used every day at Blizzard for Data Protection and more! Our engineers are highly collaborative to create epic and efficient applications used by Blizzard employees worldwide. They work closely together to share knowledge and push the department forward by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, lightning talks, paired programming, mentoring, and embracing any technique that keeps us sustainably delivering quality software.
In addition to being talented engineers, our Senior Engineers are expected to spend a meaningful chunk of their time rallying the team around technology and process, mentoring engineers, driving architecture discussions and decisions, and working closely with external teams to make sure we're building the right tools in the most epic way possible.
Senior Engineers work closely with Engineering Managers to help guide careers, education, difficulty of work, team structure, and anything else that can facilitate Learning and Growing for the team. They help track, analyze, and communicate metrics so that we can consistently deliver quality and set meaningful goals.
- 8+ years of experience working on .NET MVC, including experience with .NET Core
- Fluency in multiple programming languages C#, Java, Powershell, CLI
- Strong knowledge of message queueing technologies and AMQP
- Experience with automated unit / integrated testing methodologies
- Working knowledge of docker containers and running production workloads on containers
- Experience developing HTTP-based APIs (RESTful, RPC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge with SOA, SOLID, and API-led
- Strong knowledge of JS frameworks (NodeJS, AngularJS, Backbone, React, Vue.js, etc.)
- Strong knowledge for database platforms and concepts (SQL, NoSQL, MySQL, CouchDB, Cassandra, Oracle database)
- Experience with serverless cloud architectures
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, and Azure)
- Working knowledge of DevOps with CI/CD and comfortable building out and owning deployment pipelines
- Experience with Grafana and ELK stack with telemetry
- Experience working with legacy code and greenfield projects
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Able to drive and support creation of technical documentation
- Familiar with JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with horizontally scalable design
- Passionate about “Learn and Grow” and mentoring others
- Comfortable working on cross-discipline teams (Engineering, Design, UX, Production, QA, etc.)
- Understanding of multi-environment releases through change management
- Working knowledge of source control systems (git)
- Experience with BigPanda
- Experience working with IDEs (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse)
- Great communications skills
- Commitment to quality and sustainability
- Share responsibility for upkeep and support of Production systems
- Background in Security is a plus!
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (optional)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!