Senior Software Engineer, Graphics - Shared Game Engine
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We have an amazing opportunity for a Software Engineer to make an impact on the future of graphics at Blizzard, working on our new engine. You’ll join a collaborative team working to deliver a truly epic game engine experience to our game development teams. If you delight in empowering artists and developers to bring their games to visual life while advancing our technological capabilities, we are interested in talking to you.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you’ll do…
- Design, implement, and iterate on modern rendering techniques
- Collaborate with artists and other engineers to develop and refine key systems
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Maintain tools for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Communicate with other departments within the team to improve existing tools and determine new solutions
- Mentor and educate engineers on the team
To succeed, you must have…
- Advanced understanding of C / C++ and HLSL
- Experience working with game engines
- Advanced understanding of game content pipeline and tools
- Strong passion for graphics programming and algorithms/mathematics (linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Excellent communications skills
- Initiative and the ability to work both alone and with others
You’re a great fit if your philosophy is to…
- Commit to doing things the right way, even when it's difficult
- Refine your work through iteration until you can deliver an epic experience/product
- Value diversity and differences in others
- Find simple and practical solutions by building on the ideas and work of others
- Ensure discussions include every voice that has something to say
- Enable technology that makes games accessible to every person who wants to play them
- Accept that frequent and quick failure is part of the path to success
We’d love it if you also have…
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers of all technical skill levels and disciplines
- Enthusiasm for writing code and engineering. We want reliable, fast, and above all simple and easy to understand code
- Experience working with or contributing to in-house engine development
- Passion for gaming
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!