Senior Props and Interative Arrtist - Diablo IV
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on Diablo IV. Are you a skilled Senior Prop and Interactives Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a love for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
You will be modeling, texturing, and animating compelling assets with some VFX sprinkled in. You are a generalist who loves taking an asset through the entire art pipeline. Essential skills include a deep understanding of form, color, and lighting for both 2D and 3D art assets. You can concept, model, texture, and animate your work. You should know that we will see you as a game developer first and as an artist second. That said, your primary job will be to work directly with Content and Level design, along with other Environment Artists to build Dynamic Interactive Props and Culture Kits with a focus on visual storytelling, detail, and mood, helping the world of Sanctuary feel like a living world. Lastly, we assume you will thrive in an environment of peers who are passionate about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, making great games, killing millions of monsters and getting legendary loot. Right?
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who can help us become even better than we are today, and these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- At least 5 years experience with AAA game production art
- You're up to date on the latest tools and technologies of your field, and you have a keen interest in understanding and learning more about whatever comes next.
- You know how to successfully work with peers, Lead Artists and Art Directors to ensure all your assets are meeting the correct quality bar, consistently.
- You have proven that you can author interactive environment assets for a modern pipeline, efficiently putting together multi-layered in-game assets. Development experience modeling, texturing animating assets using Maya, ZBrush, and Substance painter/designer, along with VFX knowledge is a necessity.
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability.
- An exceptional eye for art, shape, structure, composition, and silhouette as it relates to world-building and modeling, an excellent eye for animation, and supporting VFX.
- Self motivated to create inspiring new work that influences your fellow peers.
- Self-starter, excellent communicator, big-picture minded, and a great teammate. You're used to being an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews, but you can also work creatively equally well in a smaller group or by yourself.
- A real passion for games.
- We hope you're also experienced in optimizing levels and assets for performance and memory.
- Ability to mentor junior Interactive artists and provide meaningful feedback.
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic and programming skills is required. Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be ready and willing to complete a test if requested to do so.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics. Help the team learn and grow while providing a fun and inclusive atmosphere.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.