Senior Product Manager/Associate Director, Hearthstone
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an entrepreneurial, product-focused team member to support Hearthstone. The ideal candidate is someone who has a deep understanding of game development and operating a game after launch to maximize player happiness and monetization.
An ideal candidate has great intellectual curiosity, superior analytical capabilities, excellent teamwork and communication skills, passion for Hearthstone, inquisitiveness about our players, and ultimately a strong player-first design sense. Duties will include performing specialized analyses related to Hearthstone’s business and the broader industry environment, partnering with the development team to design and manage new features, and generally driving operational excellence.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Establishes clear, measurable objectives that will lead to achieving the goals of the game
- Work with game team and commercial leadership to manage and iterate upon the game’s business strategy to build a cohesive product roadmap
- Manage the development of new features and the tools necessary to run them at peak performance in partnership with design, production, and other stakeholders
- Coordinate with the Live Operations team to fully understand player needs and game improvements necessary for success
- Strive constantly to improve the creativity and efficiency of the Product organization through recommendations and process improvements
- Drive user and competitive research to uncover user segments and identify player needs and product value propositions that resonate with discrete audience segments
- Develop frameworks for tackling complex strategic and operational problems
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- 7+ years of professional experience including 5+ year experience in online/mobile product management
- Must have the passion to self-motivate, the ability to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the drive to execute those ideas cross-functionally
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Experience managing free-to-play and live game titles
- Experience working constructively within a game and publishing team
- MBA or equivalent professional experience
- Previous work experience in gaming, social media, consumer software, or entertainment industries
- Work in a related field (marketing, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, strategic leadership, business operations, management, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of the video game industry (key players, growth trends and drivers, industry structure, etc.)
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!