Senior Network Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment’s global infrastructure team is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Network Engineer to help Blizzard. So why Blizzard? Because it’s a haven for our kind! Our unique blend of opportunity, environment, and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career. You’ll be joining a network engineering team that attacks challenges and crafts solutions with the same enthusiasm and creativity as our players do in our games. And just like the company as a whole, our team is built on a culture of passion for who we are, what we create, and who we support. If you like what you read below, send us your data!
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for providing tier 3 and above network support to escalations from IT NOC personnel. You should be able to design/configure/troubleshoot Network services, including, but not limited to, deploy/troubleshoot configuration for various network devices, write scripts to automate work and handle troubleshooting escalation from internal/external customers.
- Able to configure/manage various tools and tricks of Network Engineering to quickly and effectively troubleshoot complex network Incident.
- Lead various Network project from design to implementation, provide clear documentation, SOPs and usage guidance for junior engineers and administrators.
- Experienced in deployment, upgrading and troubleshooting of multivendor network equipment. For ex Cisco, Juniper, A10/F5/HAproxy etc
- Hands on experience and expert level knowledge of Cisco NXOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, VXLAN (EVPN/F&L), BGP, OSPF, ISIS, PBR, IPv4/6 etc
- Able to guide/write scripts to automate or troubleshoot Network task & comfortable utilizing Ansible/Salt for deployment.
- Train Network Engineering staff to level up by providing/explaining different network design and implementation.
- Possess Expert level industry certification or equivalent experience.
- Must be able and willing to lift 50 pounds.
- Support weekly On-call rotation.
Nice To Haves
- Expert level industry certification like CCIE/JNCIE-DC/ENT/SP or higher.
- Experienced configuring and managing configuration management tools like puppet/ansible/salt.
- Knowledge or experience of writing or using advanced scripts in any programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!