Senior Localization Producer
At Blizzard Entertainment we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever, driven by our core values and passion. The Localization Team plays a vital role in making that happen through our mission: It Feels Blizzard in Every Language . Join us as we deliver the Blizzard experience to our passionate fans around the world.
As a senior member of the Localization Production team, you are a champion of Blizzard localized products and continually elevate standards to establish top industry processes and quality by collaborating with our product creators and localization operations teams globally.
In this role, you impact the gaming experience for our worldwide fans across multiple franchises and languages. You drive localization of in-game text, audio, and related assets while ensuring high-quality localization of new and existing Blizzard games. Partnering directly with game development teams, you determine localization production schedules and work with global colleagues to ensure the epic localized products are delivered on time to our fans.
If you’re passionate about localization, constantly striving for excellence and possess the spark and drive to challenge the status quo in our industry, we’re looking for you to join our team based in Irvine, CA.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with our game development teams to champion localization needs and requirements and to ensure Blizzard titles delight global fans
- Create and own localization schedules, collaborate cross-functionally with our global teams, Localization Project Managers and/or external partners to define requirements and manage timelines
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks in collaboration with our Development and Localization teams
- Drive initiatives to foster innovation by analyzing current pain points in workflows and tools and leading efforts to achieve sustainable solutions
- Make independent decisions while working under pressure in potentially ambiguous and challenging situations
Who You Are
- You are a leader; your partners respect you and your colleagues follow you
- You are an excellent communicator and negotiator; you know how to adjust your communication according to your audience and are continually elevating your influencing skills
- You are efficient; you know how to step back, prioritize, and recalibrate your efforts so they are focused and impactful
- You’re curious; you’re eager to learn new skills and tools and seek to always ask the right questions
- You’re courageous; you are not afraid to challenge yourself and others to do the right thing and create accountability
- You make it happen; you are reliable, results-driven, and know-how to get things done
- You’re an excellent juggler; you can handle multiple projects or tasks without dropping the ball
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience in localization, preferably in a production role with experience working on AAA titles
- Able to plan, own, and drive complex localization project schedules
- Able to analyze projects and catch potential issues in advance
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end localization process for games or software products
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a global, cross-cultural team environment
- Excellent English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to cultivate productive and positive relationships with external partners, managers, and peers
- In-depth knowledge of all Blizzard IP
- Fluency in one or more non-English language(s)
- Understanding of the complete software localization life cycle
- Hands-on experience with project set-up, assignment and tracking within a TMS for large and complex projects
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats, TMS and CAT tools to manage and/or automate translation workflows
- Experience with people management and cross-team leadership roles