Senior Game Designer
Pull up a chair and join us! The Hearthstone team is looking for a talented senior game designer to help build new content for Hearthstone. Primary duties will include designing and implementing game content, working with other parts of the team to follow up on implementation details, and maintaining recurring content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, outstanding people skills, and a strong understanding of different player types.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Lead communication between data insight, business, and development groups on a variety of design projects.
- Design, implement, and iterate on design problems relating to things like rewards, game modes, ranked systems, monetization, and/or social systems.
- Provide clear written and verbal direction regarding design goals for the aforementioned systems.
- Research and pitch new game ideas in a clear and concise fashion to other designers or executive leadership.
- A minimum of 5 years’ game systems design experience including experience on a shipped product
- Experience designing simple to understand yet still deep gameplay
- Demonstrated ability to analyze game systems for their strengths and weakness
- A passion for collectible card games
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and self-motivation
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- A strong understanding of all player types
- Experience designing for a CCG or CCG-like game.
- Extensive knowledge of Hearthstone
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What is your experience with Hearthstone?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.