Senior Game Artist – Hearthstone
Pull up a chair and join us by the hearth! The Hearthstone team is looking for a Senior 2D/3D Artist to work on new and exciting content for our players. The focus for this position will be on providing the art needed to help realize the vision for the game from initial concept to in-game models. Responsibilities include creating of concepts that support / further the vision of the game, painting textures for use on in-game assets and working to provide a consistent aesthetic for the 3D team. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of composition, color, painting, and visual design.
- Paint charming and colorful textures that parallel the 2d, hand-painted illustrative art in Hearthstone
- Craft fun and inviting 3D models for use throughout the game in the fun/whimsical style that is synonymous with Hearthstone, and help expand it to a fully 3d experience
- Create 2D concepts and 3D mock-ups of engaging new content
- Work closely with the rest of the art team to maintain a consistent aesthetic across game assets
- Be able to own the process from initial sketch to finished in-game asset for new elements while working within a small strike team
- Own and maintain 2D and 3D artwork in-engine using Unity3D, Maya, Photoshop and Perforce
- Help take the iconic visuals of Hearthstone to the next level
- Proven ability to model and texture high quality, performant 3d assets
- Advanced knowledge of using Maya and 3DCoat or Photoshop in development
- Strong understanding of Blizzard’s visual style and the vision to take it in new and challenging directions
- Experience creating charming and lighthearted imagery
- The ability to thrive in an iterative environment built on giving and receiving constructive & actionable feedback
- Comfortable with the Unity3D engine
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, and illustration
- Previous experience in visual FX or animation
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Resume required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.