Senior FX Artist, Cinematics and In-Game Cinematics
Blizzard Entertainment's Story and Franchise Development (S&FD) team is a collection of industry-leading talent tasked with enriching Blizzard franchises on every front. We are storytellers who tell original stories through a vast range of media formats. As part of S&FD, Blizzard cinematics invites you to join us as we pair with Blizzard’s game development teams to augment our franchises with interesting characters, rich stories, and gorgeous designs. Be a part of an organization that inspires millions and continue to extend the reach of our franchises to entirely new audiences. We take pride in hiring the best and joining Blizzard cinematics means joining a family of craftsmen who build and support one another, all dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.
Our team is currently looking for a talented Senior In-Game Cinematic FX Artist
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- You would take ownership of a wide range of VFX (fire, smoke, magic, electricity, explosions, etc.) using various techniques in both 3D FX packages & Game Engines
- Work with lead artists to ensure timely completion of VFX
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews
- Research and gather reference to help guide the look of VFX
- Work within the established art styles of our wide-ranging IPs
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in film, cinematics, games, or equivalent education/work experience
- Shipped a AAA game title.
- Houdini Power User
- Experience crafting eye-catching In-game FX systems.
- A basic understanding of physics and animation timing
- A basic understanding of real-time VFX and Particles
- Ability to adapt to various art styles
- Strong Communication Skills
- Basic Knowledge of Scripting Languages
- Experience creating Procedural Shaders using various shader languages
- Strong Knowledge of Python or C++
- 2D Animation background with a sound understanding of the principles of animation and timing
- Experience working with Volumetric and Liquid simulations
- Ability to create FX concept art
- Compositing Experience with Nuke or After Effects
- Avid Gamer with extensive knowledge of Blizzard’s IPs
- Experience Developing a Prerendered or In-Game pipeline
- Demo Reel/Portfolio of work in digital format (website, blog, online album, etc.). Physical media will not be accepted
- Cover letter (optional)
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.