Senior Data Analyst, Diablo Immortal
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Senior Analyst to support Diablo Immortal’s data analysis need during development and live operation. We are looking for someone who can lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with Game Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and co-developer partners to deliver business impact
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovations
Required Talent Build
- Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Break it down!: Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
GEAR LEVEL REQUIREMENT
- 5+ years of work experience in data analytics or data science roles
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters, MBA or PhD preferred
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: data modeling, statistics, experiment design, predictive modeling
- Proficient in SQL; Adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau; R or Python knowledge is a plus
- Familiar with mobile game/app development process
- Fluent in Mandarin is preferred, but not required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!