(Closed) Senior Concept Artist
Senior Concept Artist - Unannounced Project
The Senior Concept Artist should have a playful imagination coupled with a high degree of artistic skill. They will be expected to take a seed of an idea and flesh out all aspects of the design. This may include new characters, architecture, individual assets, a full culture kit, all the way to a mood painting that defines the emotional intent of an environment.
This role requires you to ignite others as an Artist. Specialization and mastery in at least one area of video game art creation (environment, character FX, concept art, etc.) is required.
- Create concept art for characters and environments, color scripts, lighting studies, mood paintings, and other visual development assets.
- Create illustration-quality key art production paintings.
- Help define and maintain the artistic vision as set forth by the art director.
- Ability to collaborate with external partners and own the quality control over incoming art assets, by providing paintovers and feedback, to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- 5+ years creating concept artwork for animation, film and/or video games.
- Ability to quickly iterate on an idea, as well as take an asset to a final illustrated state.
- A deep understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette with regard to illustration and design.
- Paintings that demonstrate a wide range of techniques, from classical to stylized, that show a deep understanding of composition, color theory, and storytelling.
- Foundation in traditional arts including painting, sculpting, and figure drawing.
- Experience in crafting visual designs that support gameplay-oriented goals.
- Experience working with outsourcing.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter is optional.
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
- All artwork submissions should be online (e.g., website, blog, or online album).
- An art test may be required based on portfolio evaluation.