Senior Analyst, World of Warcraft Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Sr. Analyst, Business and Gameplay Insights – World of Warcraft to drive strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence for the WoW franchise.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Effectively communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with Game Designers, Engineers and Commercial leaders to deliver business impact
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
Required talent build
- Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Break it down!: Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Gaming, Management Consulting, Data Analytics, Data Science, or Product Management roles
- MBA or Masters’ degree in an analytical field preferred
- Experience guiding and managing others to solve broad, impactful analytical problems
- Experience communicating and advocating with analytical insights to executive-level audiences to inform decision making
- Passionate gamer with working knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services (particularly World of Warcraft)
- Demonstrated experience with some or all of the following: data modeling, data visualization, statistics, experimental design, predictive modeling
- Experience working with data using SQL; adept in at least one visualization tool such as Tableau
- Experience with at least one analytical programming language such as R or Python is a plus
- Cover Letter preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!