Senior Analyst / Analyst, Strategy & Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty League. ABE is uniquely positioned to create long-term value via the commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Overwatch League and Call of Duty League are seeing great success in signing world-class teams, and launching compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports programs in history.
As an Insights Analyst, you are part of ABE’s Strategy & Analytics team, and will drive the team’s effort in identifying, understanding, and surfacing a myriad of first and third-party data to empower our decision making as it relates to our esports fan experience, our global viewership, and our franchise teams. We are looking for an analytical and intellectually curious individual who can help ABE push the boundaries of data-informed decision making for the esports business and industry at large.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do:
- Slice through petabytes of first and third-party data to find compelling and actionable business insights, and crafting data-driven narratives
- Generate reports and build dashboards to surface data-driven insights in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Build and maintain data pipelines and products for various stakeholders across the esports organization
- Structure analyses, develop recommendations, and articulate findings to a wide range of business stakeholders, including senior leadership throughout the organization
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stay abreast of Esports industry trends and innovative developments
What we are looking for:
- Expertise in working with data using SQL (Teradata, Hive, BigQuery, GCP)
- Expertise with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with Python as it applies to data analytics
- Excellent communications, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Passionate gamer or esports fan with working knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services; experience in those fields a plus
- Can-do, hard-working, proactive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with colleagues in a team environment
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!