Security Engineering Internship
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2021. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
We are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed.
- Work with engineers on one of Blizzard Entertainment’s esteemed security team
- Partner closely with a mentor to design, implement, and debug software or security tools to drive the next generation of game and application security across the Battle.net platform.
- Expand your skills and learn new technologies in the security space
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and graduating December 2021 or later
- Computer Science / Cybersecurity Degree or similar preferred
- Available for a 12-week internship starting on late May or late June
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful security engineer in the gaming industry
- Candidates must apply with a resume and please include your participation in any cybersecurity events or conferences (CTFs, Defcon, etc.)
One of Blizzard Entertainment’s core values is “Play Nice, Play Fair” – we believe that epic gaming experiences begin with a level playing field. Because of that, we passionately do everything we can to combat cheating in our games. We want YOU to join this fight!
Game Security Engineering: During the internship, you will get to contribute directly to the game security development efforts here at Blizzard! You will get real-world experience and advancing our technology against cheaters trying to get an advantage across our games.
- Proficiency in C++/C, Python, Linux/Unix or any other scripting or programming language
- Experience with security engineering concepts and methodologies
- Experience cheating and reverse engineering cheats for games
Application Security Engineering: Our application security team works to secure Blizzard’s family of software applications. You will gain real-world experience in application security and software development. Join the team that is on the cutting edge of securing some of the most used applications in the gaming industry.
- An understanding of application security concepts and methodologies
- Interest in security development
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!