(Closed) Rewards Designer - World of Warcraft
Adventurers across Azeroth are always in search of new treasures. Now is your opportunity to join the team that designs and implements those treasures!
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic System Designer for the World of Warcraft team. This position involves the design and implementation of items and reward systems. The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, and the ability to collaborate in a team environment, while also having worked in a similar role on a shipped title.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Creative thinker who enjoys finding fun solutions to design challenges.
- Understanding of player motivation and rewards in MMOs
- Strong math and organizational skills
- Able to work creatively in a technical implementation environment
- Must be detail-oriented and documentation focused
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A positive attitude and is able to collaborate with teammates
- 3+ years of experience as a system designer with at least 1 shipped AAA title.
- In-depth understanding of World of Warcraft’s game systems and how they are rewarded
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working with the design of RPG systems
- Familiarity with Excel and/or relational databases
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.