Real-Time Cinematic Design Lead
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Real Time Cinematic Design Lead to supervise the real time cinematic design team. You should have experience designing real time cinematics and supporting a director’s vision through appropriate use of camera, composition, staging, and performance; all working within the capabilities of real time engines. You will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the real time cinematic design group.
- Ensure sequences handled by the RTC design team are delivered on time, to technical standards, and matching Blizzard’s high artistic target.
- Further push the quality of our RTC content. Maintain the look targets unique to each Blizzard franchise while meeting or exceeding industry standards for real time content.
- Improve cinematic design artists by identifying growth opportunities, guiding artistic and technical development, and providing feedback in performance reviews.
- Partner with management to plan the staffing, technology, and pipeline needs of the RTC design team.
- Collaborate with producers to maintain production schedules and delivery expectations.
- Build and maintain supportive relationships with multiple game teams.
- 2+ years of management or leadership experience with a strong emphasis on team building and career development.
- 5+ years of professional experience creating real time cinematics for AAA titles.
- Ability to supervise the creation of compelling cinematic sequences using Blizzard’s proprietary engines with a critical eye for pacing, composition, character performance, and camera language.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey notes clearly and concisely to ensure the project director’s vision is realized.
- Experience working within a creative leadership team that includes writers, producers, project directors, tech staff, and senior management.
- An in-depth understanding of game engine pipelines, technologies, and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts or film.
- Advanced knowledge of cinematography (both camera and lighting) and editing.
- Ability to draw or storyboard.
- Familiarity with the general style and themes of Blizzard franchises.
Applicants must submit - demo reel and PDF of a resume.
Position Type: Staff/Full-Time
Location: Irvine, CA
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!