(Closed) Prop Artist - World of Warcraft
A Prop Artist can work on everything from an Orc battle wagon to a melted candle. Props in World of Warcraft tell a story and the team is looking for someone that can not only tell a story with their props but can also concept, model, and texture props start to finish.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Concept props for various cultures in the World of Warcraft style
- Model efficient assets that fits within the style of the game
- Strong hand painted texturing skill that fits within the larger world
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development concepting, modeling, and texturing objects
- Experience animating objects is a plus
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Able to collaborate closely with other Artists
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- Software experience such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Portfolio website
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.