Product Manager, Mobile Services
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Product Manager to help us continue to deliver epic and expansive platform features by joining the Battle.net and Online Products – Mobile Game Tools/Tech.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our team provides the interfaces and services that power Blizzard’s push notifications across our mobile applications and games for millions of users worldwide as well as critical client interfaces that facilitate connection into our data pipeline, player attribution and a variety of other services like deep linking, automated APIs and integration with 3rd party vendors. This role will work across Blizzard from game development teams to marketing, publishing, IT and global insights to identify problems, determine goals, propose solutions, and drive alignment on specifications and ultimately deliver high-quality products.
In this position, you will help with executing the vision to continuously improve our mobile services and systems. You will interact with senior technical leaders, engineers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net & Online Products. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product manager with prior experience in mobile game development and managing technical products that brings a strong penchant for relationship management, strong interpersonal team management skills and ability to drive consensus among diverse teams of people.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Execute the vision of a game first mobile-focused platform products providing value directly to our players and valuable insight back into the organization
- Champion vision and values for mobile-focused platform features and support technologies; understanding best practices and industry landscape across the various platforms worldwide
- Communicate product needs through the collection and creation of functional specifications, business requirements, user stories, scenarios, user studies, and data analysis.
- Build partnerships and generate consensus across a cross-functional team to develop products and features on time and with measurable value.
- Own and execute the timing and resourcing around key projects within the Mobile Services team to ensure they are delivered on time, within scope, and meet the needs of various stakeholders.
- Manage a portfolio of heavily adopted mobile services and interfaces and drive their continual improvement.
- Build a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with product and project management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with mobile game development.
- Solid understanding of service-oriented architectures and design especially in communicating elements of a complex system to partners of varying technical expertise.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in mobile game software development lifecycle
- Software development background or experience.
- Experience with worldwide-enabled systems especially usage in China.
- Experience working with PII data.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence or comparable team collaboration applications.
- Scrum Alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP) or PMI certifications (PMP, ACP)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!