Product Design Manager
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
Would you like to work across all Blizzard titles to provide an epic player support experience?
As Blizzard scales up toward a new generation of games, your job as the Service Tech Product Design Manager will be to lead a team researching and designing an engaging player support experience in partnership with stakeholders across Blizzard.
The ideal candidate combines deep leadership experience with hands-on design work. They should demonstrate the value of design every day, working easily with peers across all disciplines. A passion for product design thinking, UX research, and gaming are essential. The team is searching for someone who is iterative, collaborative, and curious.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Guide user experience design and vision for Blizzard player support experiences
- Collaborate on large-scale design projects across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Use analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, and other methods of testing to inform design decisions
- Create appropriate artifacts, including strategy decks, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices and mock-ups
- Provide clear design direction, encouragement, and actionable feedback to team members
- Lead and develop a team of designers and tech writers, guiding them through career coaching, soft skills, and partner management
- Consult with design leadership around Blizzard on best-practices, emerging tech, and new standards
- Degree in management, design, or equivalent professional training
- Minimum 2 years in a user experience design leadership role with proven outcomes
- Minimum 6 years as user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar
- Passion for managing a team and mentoring emerging talent
- Knowledge of agile software development lifecycle, and how product design fits in
- A team player, able to build relationships and collaborate with partner teams
- Building user facing brand experiences that surprise and delight
- Accessibility knowledge
- Building design systems that scale
- Strong desire to work on interactive and multiplatform entertainment products
- Sharing a stellar online portfolio
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!